Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dave Dave is offline

Default Rotating Text

Having trouble rotating a text. Do I want a rectangle, a frame, or a text
box? When I try to rotate a text box, the outline rotates but the text
doesn't.

Any suggestions?

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

You can rotate wordart, or text in a table, otherwise copy and paste special
as a picture. Hope this helps.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Dave" wrote:

Having trouble rotating a text. Do I want a rectangle, a frame, or a text
box? When I try to rotate a text box, the outline rotates but the text
doesn't.

Any suggestions?

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dave Dave is offline

Well Rae -
I still don't get it to work. Can you be more specific?
I'm new at this.
Dave

"Dave" wrote:

Having trouble rotating a text. Do I want a rectangle, a frame, or a
text
box? When I try to rotate a text box, the outline rotates but the text
doesn't.

Any suggestions?

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Firstly, the options you suggest don't work. Secondly, can you tell us a bit
more about what you are trying to achieve. A single word rotated, or longer
phrases. Are you doing a formal document or a brochure/flyer? If you are
using just short words or phrases, select WordArt on the Drawing Toolbar - it
looks like a large A slightly tilted. Select a style, OK and then type your
text. You can select fonts etc. Then click OK and you have text that you can
rotate. You can also resize and change colours using the toolbar that appears
when the Wordart is selected. Next option is to use a table (Insert | table
and chose number of cells, OK) It will probably be a lined table, but you can
remove the borders. When you type in the cells, you can then click on the
Tables toolbar (View | Toolbars | Table if it is not showing) where you see
an A with a few lines beside it and that will rotate text 90 degrees. The
last option is to copy the text that you want to rotate, then use Edit |
Paste Special and chose Picture. On the picture toolbar click the dog icon
and chose tight. You should now get a handle that you can rotate the text.
Post back if you need more help.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Dave" wrote:

Having trouble rotating a text. Do I want a rectangle, a frame, or a
text
box? When I try to rotate a text box, the outline rotates but the text
doesn't.

Any suggestions?

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Here is a link that might be useful too
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/UpsideDownText.htm
--
Rae Drysdale

"Dave" wrote:

Having trouble rotating a text. Do I want a rectangle, a frame, or a
text
box? When I try to rotate a text box, the outline rotates but the text
doesn't.

Any suggestions?

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dave Dave is offline

Thanks you Rae, again -

Wow! - well I feel a little better, turns out you can't really do what I
wanted to do in Word. However, your suggestions got me going and I can
finally make it work.. Can't believe how much time I spent hacking around
and doing nothing really.

Again, thank you - your help is greatly appreciated.
I'm off and running

"Dave" wrote:

Having trouble rotating a text. Do I want a rectangle, a frame, or a
text
box? When I try to rotate a text box, the outline rotates but the
text
doesn't.

Any suggestions?

Dave

Rotating text in an autoshape. Snewfox Microsoft Word Help 1 February 26th 06 12:17 AM
Rotating text to print on labels Brian Page Layout 3 December 12th 05 08:44 PM
Rotating a Text box Cassy Page Layout 1 March 15th 05 06:08 AM
Rotating text within a document Sherry518 Microsoft Word Help 4 January 20th 05 12:41 AM
Rotating a Text Box Gerry Duggan New Users 1 December 1st 04 02:30 PM