Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
nirie1 nirie1 is offline

Default add rows to word 2007 locked table w/ calculations

I have a quote form that is to be completed online. The form is locked
and the table has at least 20 rows but they still need to add more
occasionaly. I want them to be able to add rows. I thought to make
this a different section that is unlocked but then I lose the ability
for the form to automatically calculate the totals. Is there any way I
can do this with the form still calculating the tables.

Just an FYI I can follow instructions to the T but have no idea about
VBA, macros, etc. I am really starting to think I need to take a
programming class only problem is I never really use this stuff
except when I am trying to do stuff in Word or Access that I know can
be done but just dont know how to do. Plus its all Greek to me. I am
very visual (not artsy jsut visual) and can design a form, document or
database but the jargon gets me everytime. I taught myself most of
what I know for Microsoft and do much better then most people I know
of I just can't do the programming/macro stuff!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Nirie1,

I have a quote form that is to be completed online. The form is locked
and the table has at least 20 rows but they still need to add more
occasionaly. I want them to be able to add rows. I thought to make
this a different section that is unlocked but then I lose the ability
for the form to automatically calculate the totals. Is there any way I
can do this with the form still calculating the tables.

Whether or not this can be done without form fields or macros depends on
what calculations you're using?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org