Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
eagleshout eagleshout is offline

Default Data Merge - Excel Records to Word Table Columns NOT Rows

I'm either in over my head or I'm triying to accomplish the
impossible. I want to merge partial fields from an Excel list into
Word table cells. The standard direction of the record placement seems
to be horizontally (within row cells and across columns.) I want the
data to be placed vertically so I can place a next record at the
top of each column and have the data flow vertically from top to
bottom and then start a new record at the top of the next column
Can anyone suggest a practical solution?

tags:
data merge fields fill table vertical columns not horizontal (across
rows)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See response to your original post that was cross posted here by John McGhie

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP