Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ren Ren is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9
Default if I select text to delete & push "backspace" it doesn't delete?

In Microsft Word, if I type a senetence, make a misrake and select letters,
words or senetences to delete using "backspace" - nothing happens. What is
going on and how do i turn this off? Please help!
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,312
Default if I select text to delete & push "backspace" it doesn't delete?

Tools options edit check 'typing replaces selection'

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org


ren wrote:
In Microsft Word, if I type a senetence, make a misrake and select
letters, words or senetences to delete using "backspace" - nothing
happens. What is going on and how do i turn this off? Please help!



  #3   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ren Ren is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9
Default if I select text to delete & push "backspace" it doesn't delet

THNAKYOU SO MUCH - youve made my day!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Tools options edit check 'typing replaces selection'

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org


ren wrote:
In Microsft Word, if I type a senetence, make a misrake and select
letters, words or senetences to delete using "backspace" - nothing
happens. What is going on and how do i turn this off? Please help!




  #4   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,312
Default if I select text to delete & push "backspace" it doesn't delet

You are welcome

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org


ren wrote:
THNAKYOU SO MUCH - youve made my day!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Tools options edit check 'typing replaces selection'

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org


ren wrote:
In Microsft Word, if I type a senetence, make a misrake and select
letters, words or senetences to delete using "backspace" - nothing
happens. What is going on and how do i turn this off? Please help!



Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When highlighting text and delete, "Delete block" mesg appears Wordy One Microsoft Word Help 2 June 22nd 06 08:12 PM
I can no longer highlight a word and delete it using "Backspace" Hanibal Microsoft Word Help 1 June 9th 06 04:36 PM
Can't select text and delete with backspace or replace with text NisaacK78 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 31st 06 03:07 PM
How do I turn off "delete block? no (yes)" when I push delete key mavrick Microsoft Word Help 1 March 2nd 06 12:59 AM
When I delete a block of text I rcv a message "Delete y/n?" Sharon Microsoft Word Help 2 February 23rd 06 08:36 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:15 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Word"