Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Emory Emory is offline

Default free rotate text within a shape

using windows xp, Would like to know if you can rotate text within a shape to
match the rotated angle of the shape.
Thank you,Emory
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Nope. If you reshape a WordArt object so that the text has a "normal" shape,
instead of a psychedelic on, you can free rotate it there.

If you have too much text or if a WordArt object isn't quite right, you'd
need to convert the text into a graphic.To do this, select the text box by
clicking the outside border/edge, and press Ctrl+C to copy it to the
clipboard.

Choose Edit - Paste Special, and paste the contents of the clipboard into
the document as Picture (Windows Metafile). Set the wrapping (method depend
on which version of Word you're using... Windows XP doesn't tell me what
version of Office you're using; but you should be able to double click the
object then choose the Layout tab) so that it's something like behind text
or in front of text, and you should now be able to rotate it using the green
handle.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible