Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave[_5_] Dave[_5_] is offline

Default Coloured titles in Word

I am using Office 2003 on a Vista Business PC.
On checking my documents folder, some of the Word document titles are in
green, rather than the standard black type.
It does not alter the behavior of the document as far as I can tell.

Can any advise why / how this has happened ?

If it is an option to change the colour of the titles, then that could be
useful for grouping files.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It probably signifies that the fiels are compressed. On Windows XP,
compressed files were displayed in blue. I am not running Vista, but this
seems the most likely explanation. You can set Windows not to compress
files. Use folders to group files.

Dave wrote:
I am using Office 2003 on a Vista Business PC.
On checking my documents folder, some of the Word document titles are
in green, rather than the standard black type.
It does not alter the behavior of the document as far as I can tell.

Can any advise why / how this has happened ?

If it is an option to change the colour of the titles, then that
could be useful for grouping files.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave[_5_] Dave[_5_] is offline

Thank you for the reply.
I don't think the documant is compressed as it is a copy of another document
and the size is the same.
I copied another word document to see if making a copy produces green titles
but no.
I nave gone into properties for the files and the only differnce I can see
is with

orinignal file black font Detail Attributes A
Copy file Details Attributes AE

Dave wrote:
I am using Office 2003 on a Vista Business PC.
On checking my documents folder, some of the Word document titles are
in green, rather than the standard black type.
It does not alter the behavior of the document as far as I can tell.

Can any advise why / how this has happened ?

If it is an option to change the colour of the titles, then that
could be useful for grouping files.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave[_5_] Dave[_5_] is offline

Sorry but I meant to add that I compressed a file to check and the tilte
went blue as you suggested.

Dave wrote:
I am using Office 2003 on a Vista Business PC.
On checking my documents folder, some of the Word document titles are
in green, rather than the standard black type.
It does not alter the behavior of the document as far as I can tell.

Can any advise why / how this has happened ?

If it is an option to change the colour of the titles, then that
could be useful for grouping files.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Green symbolises that the file has been encrypted. Right-click the file in
the Explorer window and select Properties, select the Advanced tab and clear
the encrypt contents check box.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP