Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chad Harris Chad Harris is offline

Default Problem Viewing .pdf document sent from One Note to Word

I'm having this problem working with One Note 2007 and Word 2007 on Vista
RTM. I frequently encounter .pdf documents which will not permit you to
copy them even when you select all. I only have a newbie's grasp of working
with .pdfs but I haven't had much trouble viewing them. I was going to read
the O'Reilly .pdf hacks but didn't get around to it and many of the hacks I
would never use.

The docs are public, so I'm not trying to heist anything proprietary. I
want to get them into Outlook and then send to Win Mail, and I've done it
fine, but there may be a better way.

What I do since I can't copy the .pdf is to simply click the One Note Icon
and it sends it to One Note. Then I send it from One Note to Wordthen I
copy it from Word into an Outlook2007 email. I can send as a .pdf attachment
from Word, a copy of the message as an attachment, or as an .xml as an
attachemnt from the Word Office button, but what I want to do is send it in
the email exactly as the .pdf looks so I click the One Note button on the
..pdf and PrintSend to One Note using One Note PrinterSend to Wordpaste
from Word into Outlook and then send as an Outlook email.

But here's why I'm posting: For some reason, the Word document shows the
..pdf by default as running off the ***right side of the page even though I
have it defaulted to "normal" margins. I tried dragging it over--there is
an error at the top left, but that doesn't move it. I've played with the
zoom in/zoom out sllder at the lower rt. of the Word doc, and it doesn't
help me. I've tried playing with page layout and that doesn't do it.

I have a pic of what I'm struggling with--it's Pat Fitzgerald's reply brief
in the D.C. Circuit in the Scooter Libby case. This occurs with a number of
..pdfs. Yep, I can read them in One Note fine, and I can read them in the
email I get them into. But I should be able to center this thing in Word,
and I can't get it done. I didn't originate the doc, so I can't play with
the margins as I could normally had I just created a document or planned to
create one.

TIA,

CH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chad Harris Chad Harris is offline

It's late--I meant there is an arrow at top left--not error although it's a
metaphor for the way I've been able to deal with this. I tried every margin
option, including custom and even though I can move the .pdf left, I can't
get it so I can read the right margin in Word--I think I may be the victim
of the way it was copied, but on the original link it shows up fine.

CH