Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hari Hari is offline

Default Removing graphic icon in word document

Hi,

Im pasting some text (containing links etc) from a web-page to a word
document.

It also pastes some graphic (yellow background with paper scroll like
sign) on to my word document. This graphic is not visible in the web-
page itself. When I right click on this grahic it offers Cut, copy,
Paste and View Script

I want to select all graphic at one go and delete from my doc.

a) How to do it in word?
b) Why are they coming in the first place
c) When I encounter such issue while pasting in excel, I use F5 --
Special -- Objects and it selects all graphic at one go for
subsequent deletion. Is there no shortcut in word to select same type
object etc?

Please guide me (Word pro 2003)

hp

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Hari

There's no easy way to select all graphics in a Word document at once, as
one can in Excel.

The little yellow things are an indication that there was script in the
website at the point where the yellow scroll thing now appears. The script
may have been creating part of the content on the page, or manipulating
menus or doing other fancy stuff.

If you only want the text from the web site, then use Edit Paste Special
and choose to paste as unformatted text. That will paste only the text of
the web page, and you won't see the yellow icon things.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Hari" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Im pasting some text (containing links etc) from a web-page to a word
document.

It also pastes some graphic (yellow background with paper scroll like
sign) on to my word document. This graphic is not visible in the web-
page itself. When I right click on this grahic it offers Cut, copy,
Paste and View Script

I want to select all graphic at one go and delete from my doc.

a) How to do it in word?
b) Why are they coming in the first place
c) When I encounter such issue while pasting in excel, I use F5 --
Special -- Objects and it selects all graphic at one go for
subsequent deletion. Is there no shortcut in word to select same type
object etc?

Please guide me (Word pro 2003)

hp

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

What you're seeing isn't really "in" the document at all. It's the Paste
Options button. Some find it useful, others find it annoying. As you're in
the latter camp (apparently, as am I), choose Tools - Options - Edit tab,
and remove the check next to "Show Paste Options buttons". If you're using
Word 2007, look in Office - Word Options - Advanced tab - Cut, Copy, and
Paste section.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Hari" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Im pasting some text (containing links etc) from a web-page to a word
document.

It also pastes some graphic (yellow background with paper scroll like
sign) on to my word document. This graphic is not visible in the web-
page itself. When I right click on this grahic it offers Cut, copy,
Paste and View Script

I want to select all graphic at one go and delete from my doc.

a) How to do it in word?
b) Why are they coming in the first place
c) When I encounter such issue while pasting in excel, I use F5 --
Special -- Objects and it selects all graphic at one go for
subsequent deletion. Is there no shortcut in word to select same type
object etc?

Please guide me (Word pro 2003)

hp

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hari Hari is offline

"Hari" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hi,

Im pasting some text (containing links etc) from a web-page to a word
document.

It also pastes some graphic (yellow background with paper scroll like
sign) on to my word document. This graphic is not visible in the web-
page itself. When I right click on this grahic it offers Cut, copy,
Paste and View Script

I want to select all graphic at one go and delete from my doc.

a) How to do it in word?
b) Why are they coming in the first place
c) When I encounter such issue while pasting in excel, I use F5 --
Special -- Objects and it selects all graphic at one go for
subsequent deletion. Is there no shortcut in word to select same type
object etc?

Please guide me (Word pro 2003)

hp- Hide quoted text -

Shauna,

Thanks a lot for the response. Actually I have some other graphic/
icons etc which are visible in the web-page and I need those in the
word document. So I cannot do a unformmated paste as I will lose the
valid graphics as well.

Is there a macro way to select (and delete) specifically the "script"
kind of a graphic. If the type of this graphic is known then one can
probably loop through the entire doc (what is the function for
counting the number of graphics in a word doc), select each one of
them in turn and check whether the type corresponds to the one I dont
want and delete it.

I selected the graphic and clicked on the control tool-box properties
but it seems to display the properties for entire document and not for
this particular script graphic?

Im asking this because many times I copy-paste stuff from web to word
and would like to have the ability to remove them quickly (possibly
macro)

hp

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

One of the "little-known secrets weapons" ...

Go to ToolsCustomize - Commands, select Drawing in the Categories list,
then locate the Select Multiple Objects command from the Commands list. Add
it to a toolbar & see if that doesn't help - as long as the object isn't set
to In Line With Text.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/23/07 9:55 AM, in article
, "Hari"
wrote:

"Hari" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hari Hari is offline

On Jun 23, 7:43 pm, CyberTaz wrote:
One of the "little-known secrets weapons" ...

Go to ToolsCustomize - Commands, select Drawing in the Categories list,
then locate the Select Multiple Objects command from the Commands list. Add
it to a toolbar & see if that doesn't help - as long as the object isn't set
to In Line With Text.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/23/07 9:55 AM, in article
om, "Hari"

wrote:
On Jun 23, 6:18 pm, "Shauna Kelly"
wrote:
Hi Hari

There's no easy way to select all graphics in a Word document at once, as
one can in Excel.

The little yellow things are an indication that there was script in the
website at the point where the yellow scroll thing now appears. The script
may have been creating part of the content on the page, or manipulating
menus or doing other fancy stuff.

If you only want the text from the web site, then use Edit Paste Special
and choose to paste as unformatted text. That will paste only the text of
the web page, and you won't see the yellow icon things.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Hari" wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

Bob,

Thanks for the secret. It will be useful for me in cases where object
isnt inline. Sadly, in this case the annoying yellow scroll script
object is inline with text. Thats why when I use the select multiple
object feature no check-boxes are available for selecting the specific
objects.

hp

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Sorry it won't work better for you, but your requirement is rather unique.
As I understand the situation it would be very difficult to come up with an
effective means of automating due to the variability involved. Even the
techniques offered at this link won't do you much good for the graphics, but
may come in handy if you're not already familiar with them:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

The only other suggestion I can offer is to use the Browse Objects feature
(bottom of the Vertical Scrollbar). Click the round button between the 2
sets of arrows, select By Graphic, then use the arrows to navigate one
graphic at a time through the doc. You'll still have to click the in-lines
to select & delete them (or press Delete twice) but at least it will speed
things up a little rather than having to manually scroll & search.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/23/07 12:02 PM, in article
, "Hari"
wrote:

On Jun 23, 7:43 pm, CyberTaz wrote:
One of the "little-known secrets weapons" ...

Go to ToolsCustomize - Commands, select Drawing in the Categories list,
then locate the Select Multiple Objects command from the Commands list. Add
it to a toolbar & see if that doesn't help - as long as the object isn't set
to In Line With Text.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/23/07 9:55 AM, in article
om, "Hari"

wrote:

"Hari" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hari Hari is offline

On Jun 23, 9:25 pm, CyberTaz wrote:
[...]

. com, "Hari"

wrote:
On Jun 23, 7:43 pm, CyberTaz wrote:
One of the "little-known secrets weapons" ...

Go to ToolsCustomize - Commands, select Drawing in the Categories list,
then locate the Select Multiple Objects command from the Commands list. Add
it to a toolbar & see if that doesn't help - as long as the object isn't set
to In Line With Text.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/23/07 9:55 AM, in article
om, "Hari"

wrote:
On Jun 23, 6:18 pm, "Shauna Kelly"
wrote:
Hi Hari

There's no easy way to select all graphics in a Word document at once, as
one can in Excel.

The little yellow things are an indication that there was script in the
website at the point where the yellow scroll thing now appears. The script
may have been creating part of the content on the page, or manipulating
menus or doing other fancy stuff.

If you only want the text from the web site, then use Edit Paste Special
and choose to paste as unformatted text. That will paste only the text of
the web page, and you won't see the yellow icon things.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Hari" wrote in message

egroups.com...

[...]

Thanks for the browse object round button, I have never selected
objects that way before and yes, its much easier to use this rather
than manually search (but the I have too many of these yellp objects).
Anyway its a new thing for me to learn.

I have used clean text from web link before and found it to be really
great for cleaning text, but as the title says it wont help me for
graphic.

Btw, I right-click on my yellow scroll object and one of the options
it gives me is "View Script" and by choosing it takes me to Microsoft
Script editor. I thought of getting rid of this by deleting all code
in this editor but it ends up clearing up my document as well!

hp

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Do you have other graphics in the file? If not, and you want to zap all of
the script graphics at once, try this:

Ctrl+H

Find what:^g

Replace withleave blank)

Replace all

Or, if you have graphics you want to keep, click Find Next or Replace as
needed.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible