Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
joe_2 joe_2 is offline

Default text

I am trying to write text Alfredo Heavy Hollow and then fill with a colour I
am using XP and Publisher 2003.
Any help would be much appreciated.
joe_2
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Joe

This is a newsgroup about Microsoft Word. If you're using Publisher, I
suggest you ask your question in a Publisher newsgroup.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"joe_2" wrote in message
I am trying to write text Alfredo Heavy Hollow and then fill with a colour
am using XP and Publisher 2003.
Any help would be much appreciated.
joe_2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Well, you've managed to get into the New User's group for MS Word, not a
Publisher group but the answer will be the same there...

I take from your post that you are using a font by the name of Alfredo Heavy
Hollow and that this is apparently an "outline" font (I'm not familiar with
this font). What you want to do is fill the "hollow" with a color without
affecting the character outline.

What you're attempting to do can't be accomplished in Word or Publisher - at
least with regard to body text. You need a font editor or graphic design
program. What might work for you is to create a WordArt object using that
font. You may be able to get the effect you want, but it will be handled as
a graphic object, not as body text.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/23/07 9:05 AM, in article
, "joe_2"
wrote:

I am trying to write text Alfredo Heavy Hollow and then fill with a colour I
am using XP and Publisher 2003.
Any help would be much appreciated.
joe_2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Type your phrase in WordArt, copy, paste special as a Windows Metafile, ungroup.
You can re-color the letters and the outlines. When you paste as a .wmf there
will be four layers of type with a ungrouped hollow font. Keep that in mind.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"joe_2" wrote in message
I am trying to write text Alfredo Heavy Hollow and then fill with a colour I
am using XP and Publisher 2003.
Any help would be much appreciated.
joe_2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I would use a graphics program, spell out whatever it is you want colored,
fill the letters, then save as a graphic. Insert that graphic wherever you
want.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"joe_2" wrote in message
I am trying to write text Alfredo Heavy Hollow and then fill with a colour
am using XP and Publisher 2003.
Any help would be much appreciated.
joe_2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kaja Kaja is offline

Iam pretty sure this will solve your problem. If you dont have the drawing
toolbar on the bottom of your screen then go to to tools,options,toolbars and
check drawing toolbar Then click on the A symbol that says "word art" This
gives you some nice styles and two are transparent. Then to fill it with
color. Go to fill effects (to the left of the pencil symbol on the drawing
toolbar).on the drawing toolbar and click the arrow next to it. A pallete of
color will come up. You can also select more fill effects by selecting fill
effects from the color pallete. I think this will do the trick. Let me know
how it worked. You can also draw shapes with autoshapes and color them this
way
Best regsrds,
Kaja

"joe_2" wrote:

I am trying to write text Alfredo Heavy Hollow and then fill with a colour I
am using XP and Publisher 2003.
Any help would be much appreciated.
joe_2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Kaja, Your method will not work with hollow letters.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/