Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

Default Macro for Tabs

The process which is called Tabs in Word is horrible. Other that having to
clear tabs all the time (which only partly helps) is there a macro that can
be run to destroy word tabs and put tabs in that is more like a typewriter?
...or can be converted to tabs used in Wordperfect?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Tabs in Word are fine. What exactly are you trying to achieve and what is
going wrong? By default, Word's tabs are pretty much like a typewriter: set
at fixed interval.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"bretsharon" wrote in message
news
The process which is called Tabs in Word is horrible. Other that having
clear tabs all the time (which only partly helps) is there a macro that
can
be run to destroy word tabs and put tabs in that is more like a
typewriter?
..or can be converted to tabs used in Wordperfect?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

I disagree. If a high school graduate can't figure tabs uot 30 seconds then
its Words fault, not the secretary. Tabs is overengineered.

...but what can you expect from a monopoly.

I don't want to have to teach her sections breaks
I don't want the whole doucment reformated because a tab is set
I don't want to teach the secretary all these.
...and we still have problems

thank you
I am the user and should be listened too

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Tabs in Word are fine. What exactly are you trying to achieve and what is
going wrong? By default, Word's tabs are pretty much like a typewriter: set
at fixed interval.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"bretsharon" wrote in message
news
The process which is called Tabs in Word is horrible. Other that having
clear tabs all the time (which only partly helps) is there a macro that
can
be run to destroy word tabs and put tabs in that is more like a
typewriter?
..or can be converted to tabs used in Wordperfect?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Well we are all users here providing peer-to-peer support: MS only provides
the newsgroup facilities.

I don't see what section breaks and whole document reformatting has to do
with TABS. If you want to use TABS as though using a typewriter (which most
recent graduates will have only heard about from their great grand parents),
Word is set to mimic just that action. Press TAB and it moves the cursor
along to the next default tab distance. That is how typewriters work. If the
default distance is wrong, then you have to move the tab point - just like
you did with mechanical typewriters.

Terry