Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
renee renee is offline

Default Why can't I see the page numbers?

I am having a very frustrating problem. I have a large document that has
about 68 pages. The document just automatically sectioned itself off, I
didn't want it to be in sections, but I don't know how to just make the whole
document 'section 1'. Anyway, I tried putting page numbers on the document,
and it only shows the page numbers on Some pages, not all of them. So I'll
have page 2 show up, but on page 3 it doesn't show up, then it will say it on
page 5, but it won't show up again on another few pages. I am racking my
brain, I can't figure out, WHY do the page numbers in the footer only show up
on SOME pages, and not ALL pages?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Word inserts section breaks automatically if you change the number of
columns or certain other layout settings. If you want page numbers to be
uniform on all pages, make sure that all the headers and footers are linked
(Link to Previous, Same as Previous), and keep in mind that each section can
have up to three separate headers/footers (see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm for more on this).