Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandeamus Sandeamus is offline

Default How do I stop Word 2007 changing -ise words to -ize words?

For those of us who write in real English, is it possible to stop Word 2007
auto-changing words which are supposed to finish in -ise to the Americanism
-ize? I have all the machine settings for Australian English, yet I keep
getting US English instead.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill McN[_2_] Bill McN[_2_] is offline

Try the following;
Click on Tools, Options, Spelling and Grammar, Custom.dic, Modify, then in
Language setting try changing to English(UK) or what ever country you
require. then OK
Good luck. This seemed to work for me..

"Sandeamus" wrote:

For those of us who write in real English, is it possible to stop Word 2007
auto-changing words which are supposed to finish in -ise to the Americanism
-ize? I have all the machine settings for Australian English, yet I keep
getting US English instead.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandeamus Sandeamus is offline

Thanks Bill,