Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Nahshon Evren[_5_] Nahshon Evren[_5_] is offline

Default Formatting tables and copy-paste

Hello,

I've a big big problem with a big big doc -
I'm in the middle of translating a major text with
tables and diagrams . the original is .pdf, converted using
solidpdf.

Now the tables, whenever I try to copy-paste them, are all over the place,
- what a mess. It seems the text is independent from the lines of the tables
and each part behaves independantlty.

Is there any way out of this hell ?

A tool , another reconverter, a way of putting everything right simply ?

Thank you very much for your help

Nash

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

OCR conversions are only as good as the software that does the conversion. I
have not used SolidPDF, as I rather like FineReader which is multi-language
capable; however any complex OCR produced document is going to be a
nightmare to work with. You might find it simpler to extract to plain text
and then use Word's convert text to table tool. Without seeing the original
PDF it is difficult to be more specific.