Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lynn in Virginia Lynn in Virginia is offline

Default Have lost 25-digit product verification number. How can I reinsta

My hard drive crashed and I got a new computer. I want to reinstall my Word
2000 -- I know it isn't supported any more, but I still like it. but the
Install Wizard requires the certification number I originally got with the
disk.

I don't have it any more. How can I reinstall Word? I paid for it, it;s
not a pirated or illegal copy, but I can't prove it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The usual suggestion is that you call Microsoft. I don't know from personal
experience whether this yields satisfactory results, but it's worth a try:

Replacement product key

To replace a product key, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support. To
locate the appropriate telephone number, visit the following Microsoft Web
site:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;CNTACTMS
(http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us;cntactms)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Lynn in Virginia" Lynn in wrote in
message ...
My hard drive crashed and I got a new computer. I want to reinstall my
Word
2000 -- I know it isn't supported any more, but I still like it. but the
Install Wizard requires the certification number I originally got with the
disk.

I don't have it any more. How can I reinstall Word? I paid for it, it;s
not a pirated or illegal copy, but I can't prove it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lynn in Virginia[_2_] Lynn in Virginia[_2_] is offline

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

THANKS A MILLION! It took three different phone numbers, and I had to read the entire front of my CD to Amanda, but she was able to generate a new 25-character key and waited while I poked in the disk and got to the installation wizard and ensured that the key worked and I'd be able to install.

Ah, my grandson the techie will be so impressed! (I certainly am.)
Thanks again.
Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

always write the product code on the cd with a felt tip pen-- you don't have
to worry about losing it.

"Lynn in Virginia" wrote:

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Donald Donald is offline

Oh no, at least it appears I'm not the only one! I have lost my product key
for Office 2003 Standard Ed. I Have the disk but no insert. Ironically
thinking of trailing MS Off Pro 07 which I have copy. Should I try to recover
or should I just go for MSO Pro 07 upgrade?
ps. lost MSO 03 after bacup & reinstall.
Appreciate any advice.
--
lightning snakefire

"Lynn in Virginia" wrote:

My hard drive crashed and I got a new computer. I want to reinstall my Word
2000 -- I know it isn't supported any more, but I still like it. but the
Install Wizard requires the certification number I originally got with the
disk.

I don't have it any more. How can I reinstall Word? I paid for it, it;s
not a pirated or illegal copy, but I can't prove it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If it's still installed, you can find the product key by downloading and
using Belarc Advisor. Even if you decide to use the 2007 version, you want
that number anyway. As for whether you should use the new version, I'd
suggest getting used to it now.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]