Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zach Zach is offline

Default Product Key

I am a student who just recently purchased a HP PC that came pre-installed
with Windows Vista and OFfice 2007. This included Word 2007. It continues
to ask me for a product key whenever I start up Word, and I don't know what
the key is. I can still use it in its fully functional form, but I only have
a limited number of usages, and it would be very disappointing to have it
revert to a downgraded mode in the middle of the school year. How can I
obtain my product key when I don't have the CD or case with which the
software was originally installed?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

It sounds like a trial version of Office was installed. If that's not the
case then you need to contact the reseller who sold you the computer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Zach" wrote in message
I am a student who just recently purchased a HP PC that came pre-installed
with Windows Vista and OFfice 2007. This included Word 2007. It
continues
to ask me for a product key whenever I start up Word, and I don't know
what
the key is. I can still use it in its fully functional form, but I only
have
a limited number of usages, and it would be very disappointing to have it
revert to a downgraded mode in the middle of the school year. How can I
obtain my product key when I don't have the CD or case with which the
software was originally installed?

product key produck key Microsoft Word Help 1 October 15th 06 08:19 PM
bad product key Rick Microsoft Word Help 3 June 4th 06 06:07 AM
product key? moravianchick New Users 3 November 8th 05 09:13 PM
product ID help! Microsoft Word Help 1 April 9th 05 07:43 AM
How do I reinstall a product without the product id? Karen Microsoft Word Help 1 February 11th 05 03:34 AM