Papa Jonah

Default Header format has mind of own

I have a document with appendices that I am formatting as separate sections.
As part of this, I have headers that are not connected to the previous
sections. This works as far as the text goes. However, I am trying to use a
similar format which uses two cells in a row. Within these cells I am
putting the title of the document, the name of our organization, and the
title of the appendix. I want the cells to be the same size.

I am experiencing something odd. On the last section, I can not manipulate
the size of the cells. If I stretch them, they bounce back, I can not change
the margin. Sometimes the cells alternately flash from one size to another
at frequency of about 60 flashes/min. I have rebooted and reopened the
document and it still does it. This only happens in one section. Is there
something I unwittingly changed to prevent my from affecting the format
within the header?

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Papa
katin42

If only you could change your margins, this might help the problem. Recheck
all applicable user preferences, because you might have checked or unchecked
something unknowingly, causing the conflict. It sounds like something was
changed, and reverting back to a default. Before you go any further, I would
suggest that you save and duplicate this document to further troubleshoot,
because the flashing cells don't sound right. From this point on, make sure
that you have all documents backed up automatically, and it couldn't hurt to
scan for viruses. There are also limitations by design to consider.