Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W.[_2_] B.W.[_2_] is offline

Default Setting language

When I open a new blank doc which I presume is the normal.dot template and
then go to Tools, Language, Set Language. I see both English Australian and
English US ticked. English Australian is at the top and English US is
underneath and ticked also. Do they both have to be ticked for some reason?
My Region and language is set for Australia.

Why can't I just have English Australian selected?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The check marks indicate which languages are currently installed. To set a
default language, select it and press the Default button. For more, see:

Get control of language formatting in Word
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"B.W." wrote in message ...
When I open a new blank doc which I presume is the normal.dot template and
then go to Tools, Language, Set Language. I see both English Australian
and English US ticked. English Australian is at the top and English US is
underneath and ticked also. Do they both have to be ticked for some
reason? My Region and language is set for Australia.

Why can't I just have English Australian selected?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Thanks Stefan for that information. All the years I have been using Word I
have never understood this. I don't think people realise how complicated
Word really is.

Thanks B.W.

"B.W." wrote in message ...
When I open a new blank doc which I presume is the normal.dot template
and
then go to Tools, Language, Set Language. I see both English Australian
and English US ticked. English Australian is at the top and English US
is
underneath and ticked also. Do they both have to be ticked for some
reason? My Region and language is set for Australia.

Why can't I just have English Australian selected?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome. And, indeed, setting the language is more complicated in
recent versions of Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"B.W." wrote in message ...
When I open a new blank doc which I presume is the normal.dot template
and
then go to Tools, Language, Set Language. I see both English Australian
and English US ticked. English Australian is at the top and English US
is
underneath and ticked also. Do they both have to be ticked for some
reason? My Region and language is set for Australia.

Why can't I just have English Australian selected?

TIA

B.W.

Default language setting Steve Microsoft Word Help 7 March 6th 07 11:38 AM
Setting language Roy New Users 6 November 9th 06 05:49 AM
Word to PDF, how to keep Language setting? Ellen Phelps Microsoft Word Help 0 June 21st 05 03:37 PM
Chinese language setting Robyn Microsoft Word Help 1 April 27th 05 02:00 AM
Default Language Setting Ben Microsoft Word Help 6 April 4th 05 07:25 PM