Angus

Default How to display hidden text without dot blue underline?

I have some hidden text in my document, when I show them, they will be
underlined by blue dot line. How to remove those lines for hidden text so
they are displayed as normal text?
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 30 May 2005 02:19:24 -0700, "Angus"
wrote:

I have some hidden text in my document, when I show them, they will be
underlined by blue dot line. How to remove those lines for hidden text so
they are displayed as normal text?

As long as they are formatted as hidden, they'll be displayed with the
underline dots when display is enabled. To remove the underline,
you'll have to remove the Hidden formatting.

If you want to toggle the display of Hidden text on and off *and* not
show underline dots, you'll need a macro to do something like this:

- If you're going from "not displayed" to "displayed", insert a
bookmark (whose name is in a set pattern, like Hidden_x where x is an
incremented number) around each segment of text that has Hidden
formatting and then turn off the formatting.

- If you're going from "displayed" to "not displayed", find each
bookmark, set its contents to Hidden, and remove the bookmark.

The macro can be assigned to a new button on a toolbar or to a
shortcut key. The macro and the button/shortcut should be stored in
the template used to create the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Graham Mayor

Only by manually following the steps that the macro performs, which is
surely more complex for your users.

wrote:

[...]

copied text inserts as hidden in Word (any version) Martin Microsoft Word Help 4 April 21st 05 04:57 AM
Hidden Text - Proper Solution, or Not? Mike@ACM Page Layout 1 March 31st 05 11:05 PM
Hidden Text causes extra white space & extra pages Lyndon S. Microsoft Word Help 1 January 19th 05 05:49 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Word opens with hidden text visible Alan4297 Microsoft Word Help 3 December 23rd 04 04:09 PM