Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kamorse kamorse is offline

Default menu bar not under title bar

Somehow in Word 2003 my menu bar has been moved from under the title bar to
midway down the page and I can't figure out how to move it back where it
belongs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Grab it by the title bar and drag it back into place.

http://word.mvps.org

"kamorse" wrote in message
Somehow in Word 2003 my menu bar has been moved from under the title bar
midway down the page and I can't figure out how to move it back where it
belongs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kamorse kamorse is offline

No, no dotted vertical. It's the menu bar. It displays as a hoizontal line
about a third of the way down across the width of the screen -- regardless of
the screen resolution or the size of the application window. I've tried
ToolsCustomizeReset with no results. Wish I could attach a screen shot.

"kamorse" wrote in message
Somehow in Word 2003 my menu bar has been moved from under the title bar
midway down the page and I can't figure out how to move it back where it
belongs.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Toolbars show the dotted lines only when they're docked. When they're
floating, they have a title bar instead.

http://word.mvps.org

"kamorse" wrote in message
Somehow in Word 2003 my menu bar has been moved from under the title
bar
midway down the page and I can't figure out how to move it back where
it
belongs.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You must click on the title bar (the part that says "Menu Bar") and drag it
back into place. Alternatively, you can double-click on the title bar to
restore it to its (more or less) default location (for me it ends up between
the Standard and Formatting toolbars).

http://word.mvps.org

"kamorse" wrote in message
Somehow in Word 2003 my menu bar has been moved from under the
title bar
midway down the page and I can't figure out how to move it back
where it
belongs.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kamorse kamorse is offline

There's no title bar . . . just the menu bar floating in space . . . wish I
could send a picture . . .

"kamorse" wrote in message
Somehow in Word 2003 my menu bar has been moved from under the title
bar
midway down the page and I can't figure out how to move it back where
it
belongs.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kamorse kamorse is offline

HOORAY! I did it!
I used Use the "Detect and Repair" or "Microsoft Office Diagnostics" feature
at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822005 and my menu bar is reset .
Thanks for all your help!

"kamorse" wrote in message
Somehow in Word 2003 my menu bar has been moved from under the title
bar
midway down the page and I can't figure out how to move it back where
it
belongs.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Very odd, since floating toolbars, including the menu bar, always have a
title bar.

http://word.mvps.org

"kamorse" wrote in message
Somehow in Word 2003 my menu bar has been moved from under the
title
bar
midway down the page and I can't figure out how to move it back
where
it
belongs.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

Hmmm... wonder if the menu bar was docked at the bottom but the window was
half-screen high (i.e. not maximized) maybe? Still should've had a drag
handle. Strange.

Dan