Clive Elsworth

Default Advanced File Search on most Properties doesn't seem to work

I am writing an application that integrates Word, and uses a filing system
based on Document IDs but my customer is nervous that if I 'disappear' they
won't be able to find anything.

I was hoping to be able to get my app to set the Word 2003 document property
of Document Number, and then show the customer how to search for documents
using Word's Advanced File Search capability, however even though I can get
it to work for Author, very little else seems to be found by the Advance
Search capability.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Any help much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Clive

Clive Elsworth

I am answering this myself (Clive):

They strangely started working about ˝hr later after I'd saved the document.

However the search is so slow that I'm just going to make the docID part of
the filename, which is much quicker.