Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jen Jen is offline

Default Split tables but leave adjacent?

Is there a way to split a table into two, but still leave them adjacent
(i.e., with no paragraph marker between)? Basically I want it to look like
one table, but act like two.

Reason: I'm making a template for people to fill information into, and it's
based on a table. (I don't want to make it a full protected form, because
people may need to modify aspects of it.) In one section, there's a row for
people to enter information, and they may need to add additional rows. When
they tab out of that row, I want a new row to appear, rather than just
tabbing into the next table cell.

So, I want to split the table so that they can get a new row if they need
it, but it still looks like one table.

Does this make sense? Or is there a much better way to do this? (Most of my
users are very basic-level Word users, so I can't do anything that will
require training - it needs to work intuitively even for the non-tech-savvy.)

Thanks,
Jen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

There has to be a paragraph between the two tables; but you can format that
paragraph as hidden or very small (ie 1pt with no space above or below).

You can make a document that is protected only in parts by using section
breaks: protect only the sections that contain form fields.

Whether any of these techniques will be OK for seriously unsavvy users is
another question. Probably not.