Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diane Diane is offline

Default Fill-in Template

I created our performance evaluation form in Word 2003.
Protected it, and saved it as a .dot file.
The file automatically stored on C:Application/Microsoft/Template.
If I open the document from the above location, it works in Word 2003.
If I email that same .dot file to someone, the fill-in sections don't work.
What do I need to do so I can email this and make it work. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What kind of "fill-in sections" have you been using? Form fields? A user
form?

If there are macros involved, you must ask the recipient to place the
template in his or her user templates folder (as determined by the File
Locations dialog box), which is usually a trusted location.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Diane" wrote in message
I created our performance evaluation form in Word 2003.
Protected it, and saved it as a .dot file.
The file automatically stored on C:Application/Microsoft/Template.
If I open the document from the above location, it works in Word 2003.
If I email that same .dot file to someone, the fill-in sections don't
work.
What do I need to do so I can email this and make it work. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diane Diane is offline

It would check boxes and text boxes where the employee will write sentences.
I didn't create any macros. Just used the Control Toolbox and Forms toolbars
to insert what I needed.

"Diane" wrote in message
I created our performance evaluation form in Word 2003.
Protected it, and saved it as a .dot file.
The file automatically stored on C:Application/Microsoft/Template.
If I open the document from the above location, it works in Word 2003.
If I email that same .dot file to someone, the fill-in sections don't
work.
What do I need to do so I can email this and make it work. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The ActiveX Controls (from the Control Toolbox) are likely to be the problem
here, because macro security usually forces any document with ActiveX
controls into Design mode. Although you can turn off Design mode (there is a
button on the Control Toolbox toolbar), that will only solve the issue
temporarily. You can lower macro security, but it isn't recommended. ActiveX
controls simply aren't worth the trouble. Instead, it's recommended that you
make use of form fields only.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Diane" wrote in message
I created our performance evaluation form in Word 2003.
Protected it, and saved it as a .dot file.
The file automatically stored on C:Application/Microsoft/Template.
If I open the document from the above location, it works in Word 2003.
If I email that same .dot file to someone, the fill-in sections don't
work.
What do I need to do so I can email this and make it work. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diane Diane is offline

I think you are correct. My problem is formatting the on the text box on the
Forms toolbar to resemble the one available in the Control Toolbox. I'll
figure it out. Thanks for all your help.

"Diane" wrote in message
I created our performance evaluation form in Word 2003.
Protected it, and saved it as a .dot file.
The file automatically stored on C:Application/Microsoft/Template.
If I open the document from the above location, it works in Word 2003.
If I email that same .dot file to someone, the fill-in sections don't
work.
What do I need to do so I can email this and make it work. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can unprotect the document and then apply formatting to the text form
field, if that's what you are asking.

You can't make the text form field look or behave the same way as the
ActiveX text box does, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP