Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Default Resetting Emphasis style in DOCX document

Office 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP3

Problem: Resetting Emphasis style in DOCX document

In my DOCX document called MyDocx, the built-in Emphasis style has both bold
and italic. However, a new document shows Emphasis as only italic. Therefore,
I assume the built-in Emphasis style was changed in my DOCX document somehow,
but is correct in Normal.dotm. Therefore, I wanted to copy the Normal.dotm
Emphasis style to my MyDocx.

Using the Organizer, I saw that Normal.dotm only shows a few styles.
Emphasis was not one of them. So how can I have Normal.dotm display all the
styles so I can see Emphasis and copy it over to MyDocx?

I also tried using Automatically Update Document Styles check box in the
Templates And Add-Ins dialog box assuming that the Emphasis from Normal.dotm
with only italic would be automatically transferred to MyDocx making it
italic only. That did not work for some unknown reason.

Thanks in advance