Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HcMurph HcMurph is offline

Default how do i stop the last line of a paragraph splitting over 2 pages

How do i apply a formatting control so that the last line of the paragraph
would not split over two pages?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"Widow/Orphan control" (Format | Paragraph, Line and Page Breaks tab)
prevents that a single line of the paragraph is at the top or bottom
of a page.

Alternatively, you can check the "Keep lines together" in Format |
Paragraph, Line and Page Breaks tab, to make sure that all lines of
the paragraph is on the same page (or in the same newspaper column).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"HcMurph" wrote in message
How do i apply a formatting control so that the last line of the
paragraph would not split over two pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Strictly speaking, the "last line" isn't likely to be split over two pages.
Stefan has answered what we both think you're asking, but just in case what
you're really asking about is a case where the top half of the line prints
on one page and the bottom half on the next (I've seen this happen
occasionally with Web pages), then this is either a printer issue or
document corruption; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm