Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lynn DeLaMare Lynn DeLaMare is offline

Default How can I determine the URL of a document?

My boss doesn't want emails, attachments, etc.; he just wants to know the
path of a document, and he'll review it there.

How can I get it printed out w/o having to hand-type it in?

I'm using Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I do this often at work but there may be a better way than what I use. The
files in question are almost always files that I access often so I have
shortcuts on my desktop. I right-click on them, select Properties, and then
copy what's in the path and paste it into emails. Like I said, there may be
better ways but it works for me.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Lynn DeLaMare" Lynn wrote in message
My boss doesn't want emails, attachments, etc.; he just wants to know the
path of a document, and he'll review it there.

How can I get it printed out w/o having to hand-type it in?

I'm using Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thomas M. Thomas M. is offline

1. View Header and Footer, then switch to the footer
2. Insert Field
3. Scroll down the Field Names list and select FileName
4. Select the desired format (I like title case)
5. Check the "Add path to filename" box

That will put the full path and file name at the bottom of each page of the
document. I would also recommend adding the date and time that the file was
last saved. To do that:

1. View Header and Footer, then switch to the footer
2. Type: Last Updated:
a. Put one or two spaces after the colon
3. Insert Field
4. Scroll down the Field Names list and select DocProperty
5. Select LastSavedTime from the Property list

Now, not only do you have the full path and file name, but you also know the
last time the document was saved, and therefore how recent/outdated the
information may be.

I put these two fields at the bottom of every document that I create. In
fact, I created a template that contains these two fields and all of my
documents are based on that template. BTW, you can do this in Excel too.

--Tom

"Lynn DeLaMare" Lynn wrote in message
My boss doesn't want emails, attachments, etc.; he just wants to know the
path of a document, and he'll review it there.

How can I get it printed out w/o having to hand-type it in?

I'm using Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Locate the document in the Windows Explorer, right-click the Address bar and
select Copy.

Alternatively, in the Open or Save As dialog box click the "Up One Level"
button, right-click the document folder, click Explore, and then use the
step provided above.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: