Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John

Default Newsletter Revamp

(4 sheet, 16 page booklet newsletter created in Word 2000, 2 sheets per
page, default printer an ancient laserjet, actually printing on HP
Photosmart 1215, manually duplexed.)

1. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/ Thanks!!!!! An outstanding resource I've
used many times. I'm always learning and re-learning there.
(But couldn't you change that unreadable orange color? I end up doing a
mouse over so I can read the headings in green.)

2. Floating graphics, what's the best way? By themselves, in a frame, or
in a floating table?

3. I want outlined boxes on the mailing page for stamp and label
placement. Again, what's the best way? Table, frame, autoshape, or text box?

4. For pull quotes there's a floating graphic and a floating 3 column
table for the text. Is there a better way to do this?

5. I have a graphical TTF font that I use for bullets and a couple of
graphics, but it doesn't stick to the document using 'Embed True Type
Fonts'. Any ideas? (Yes, there is a style for it in the template.)

6. Someone else printed it and had serious problems, enough that he'll
"never do that again!" :-) He has Word '02 and an HP PSC 2410 printer,
which has the same margins as my HP Photosmart 1215 that works fine. Any
ideas why he had so much trouble? (Reversed pages, huge swap file (All
the floating objects I assume.), only printed one book at a time...)

TIA

John