A A via OfficeKB.com

Default Non-vertical Endnotes - How?

Most of my endnotes are short, so I would like them to list horizontally separated by commas but I cannot find a way to do so.

Any help?

Thanks.

You can't find a way because there is none, at least no practical way. You
*might* have better success with endnotes than with footnotes if they're
confined to one page. My experience with footnotes is that you can
concatenate them by formatting the paragraph marks as Hidden. Unfortunately,
Word allows just as much space for them as if they were stacked up. I
suspect it would do the same with endnotes.

One tip, though: Don't use more than one endnote in the same place. A lot of
writers will stack up endnote reference numbers at the end of a paragraph,
but this is now discouraged. You are encouraged instead to put all the
sources in a single note, separated by semicolons. This could cut down
somewhat on the accumulation of short endnotes.