chuckwagon

Default How do I turn off Design Mode when sending out a survey to users .

I am attempting to send out a survey where I have employed Check Mark Boxes
for my users to reply with. Everytime the document is opened, the design
mode automatically turns on. If users are not familiar with this button and
how to switch it off, they can not complete the survey.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2h1Y2t3YWdvbg==?=,

I am attempting to send out a survey where I have employed Check Mark Boxes
for my users to reply with. Everytime the document is opened, the design
mode automatically turns on. If users are not familiar with this button and
how to switch it off, they can not complete the survey.

This indicates you've used checkboxes from the Controls Toolbox. These kinds of
checkboxes (and everything else from this toolbar) are ActiveX controls, and
they activate the macro storage section of a Word document. That means they
trigger macro security.

You have to either

- digitally sign the code portion of the document; and the recipient has to
trust your digital signature

- have the recipient reduce macro security to Medium, then choose to trust the
document when he opens it

- find a different approach (such as using Form fields from the Forms toolbar
and protecting the document as a form)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org