SeattleWriter

Default I turned on the Thumbnails view permanently. How can I t...

I have no idea how this happened. Now the pane on the L hand side of the
screen, where I like to have the Document Map, automatically opens with the
thumbnails view every time I open a document. I even tried rebooting and
it's still there. Very annoying! Help!!
Shauna Kelly

Hi SeattleWriter

I haven't seen this problem, and no-one else has come along in the last few
days with suggestions, which makes me think your problem is not common at
all.

My suggestions would be to follow the steps at:
Why is my "Blank Document" not blank?
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm

Open normal.dot as it describes, turn off the Thumbnails, make a minor
change in the document (eg, spacebar then backspace) and save.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"SeattleWriter" wrote in message
I have no idea how this happened. Now the pane on the L hand side of the
screen, where I like to have the Document Map, automatically opens with
the
thumbnails view every time I open a document. I even tried rebooting and
it's still there. Very annoying! Help!!

Greg Maxey

I don't know the cause either, but you could put the following line in an
AutoNew and AutoOpen macro to ensure it is not displayed:

ActiveWindow.Thumbnails = False

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support