Mark In Fort Worth

Default How do I remove multiple frames in Word?

I am converting a typeset document via OCR and the program converts each
block of text to a fram in MS Word. Is there anyway I can remove all the
frames at one time?

Currently I double-click each fram and select remove frame. My other choice
is to OCR to a plain text file but I lose a lot of formating information
(special characters, font characteristics, etc.)

Thank you
Mark in Fort Worth
Mark in DFW

Jay thank you for hte link. I read the thread andit basically confirms my
fear that I must macro, or otherwise program my own help. I have decided,
for the time being, to simply OCR from scanner to MS Word and then save the
doc as a plain txt file. The advatages here are that I have spell & grammar
check active before putting hte intermediate state document to bed.
For those who may wonder what I am doing let me say that I am converting a
number of educational resources for my field of study, which are only
available in print, to a digital and editable format. This makes creating
lesson plans that are based on textbooks, etc. muct simpler.

Thanks again for your help Jay.

Marry Christmas (Mary Christ-mass)
Mark

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:43:01 -0800, Mark In Fort Worth Mark In Fort
wrote:

I am converting a typeset document via OCR and the program converts each
block of text to a fram in MS Word. Is there anyway I can remove all the
frames at one time?

Currently I double-click each fram and select remove frame. My other choice
is to OCR to a plain text file but I lose a lot of formating information
(special characters, font characteristics, etc.)

Thank you
Mark in Fort Worth

Hi Mark,

Read this thread (it should all be one line -- if it breaks, paste it
together):

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...4d90ed122917d3

There's a macro from Greg Maxey that should work for you, plus some
explanation from me about what can go wrong.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Mark in DFW

I have stumbled on to a fix for this (at least in MS Word 2002; i.e. Office
XP).
Steps involved:
1-Scan via OCR to MS Word
2-document is RTF format with frames for each paragraph, table, list, etc.
3-click on one of the frames and Select all (CTRL-A), this should higlight
all text and frames,
4-click in style window, or if not in view click on the AA symbol to turn on
the 'Styles & Formatting' task bar; then select NORMAL for your style.
5-This should remove the frames.
6-PS I also take this opportunity to selct my default Font and Font point
size (Times New Roman, 12pt).

Thanks fo rthe emailed suggestions and I hope this post helps at least one
other person.
Mark in Fort Worth

Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Q or Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Shift+N will also accomplish this.

"Mark in DFW" wrote in message
[...]

In typing dates in Word, i.e. "January 12" how do you keep the "1. Carol Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 05 08:09 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
How do I remove multiple frames from a document? Speedyy57 Page Layout 1 December 16th 04 09:21 AM