Peaceful Wisdom

Default styleref and numbering

How can I show the first and last numbers in a numbered list for each page on
the header? I am using the bullets and numbering function, and I have them
formated in a style I made, but the styleref field states that I have no text
in that format.
What I am trying to do is make a dictionary style header, that displays the
first number on the page and the last number on the page.
Thanks for any help.

Is the numbering part of the style? If you're trying to reference the
paragraph number with a StyleRef and the numbering is applied as direct
formatting, it might not work.

"Peaceful Wisdom" wrote in
message ...
How can I show the first and last numbers in a numbered list for each page

on
the header? I am using the bullets and numbering function, and I have them
formated in a style I made, but the styleref field states that I have no

text
in that format.
What I am trying to do is make a dictionary style header, that displays

the
first number on the page and the last number on the page.
Thanks for any help.

You have created a style for the paragraph, and the numbering is part of the
paragraph style? Use Insert | Field: StyleRef and check the "Insert
paragraph number" box.

"Peaceful Wisdom" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the numbering part of the style? If you're trying to reference the
paragraph number with a StyleRef and the numbering is applied as direct
formatting, it might not work.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Peaceful Wisdom" wrote in
message ...
How can I show the first and last numbers in a numbered list for each

page
on
the header? I am using the bullets and numbering function, and I have

them
formated in a style I made, but the styleref field states that I have

no
text
in that format.
What I am trying to do is make a dictionary style header, that

displays
the
first number on the page and the last number on the page.
Thanks for any help.

Jezebel

Use a named style to which the numbering is applied using Bullets and
Numbering.

"Peaceful Wisdom" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Charles Kenyon

See: How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word
document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

This is based on ...

Word's Numbering Explained
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...gExplained.htm

Additional information you may find useful or need is at:

How to Create a Template, Part II
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Peaceful Wisdom" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the numbering part of the style? If you're trying to reference the
paragraph number with a StyleRef and the numbering is applied as direct
formatting, it might not work.

so
all may benefit.

"Peaceful Wisdom" wrote in