PKPrague

Default indexed (XE}

very long doc (7000 pages) when hitting hide/remove, of course the paragraph
symbol appears, but so does {XE-name} and we MUST remove this to submit the
doc. It is because it is index, we know, but what to do about this? Please
help ASAP

If you remove the XE fields, you will not be able to generate the index.
Hiding Hidden text will hide the XE fields (and you must do this before
generating the index, or it will not be correct). If you really must remove
the XE fields before submitting the doc, then you must:

1. Unlink the index using Ctrl+Shift+F9. This means that if the pages reflow
at all, the index will be incorrect.

2. Display Hidden text and use Find and Replace to search for ^19 XE and
replace with nothing. This will remove all index entry fields.