OHM \( Terry Burns \)

Default Large Icons Vs Details ( How can is et my preferences for this )

OK, Now I have set up my templates in a directory to be shared by others.
This is fine at the moment because there are only a few but its a bit messy
in large icons mode.

When I choose File | New | Templates On My Computer, you get the General Tab
with the templates in it, which is OK, but it allways comes up in Large
icons Mode, I want it to come up in Details Mode by default.

How can I acheive this.

--
OHM ( Terry Burns ) * Use the following to email me *

Dim ch() As Char = "ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU".ToCharArray()
For i As Int32 = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) - 1)
Next
Process.Start("mailto:" & New String(ch))

File | New always defaults to Large Icons. It may be possible to change this
via VBA, but it is not possible through the UI. Since this is going to be a
VBA issue, you might be more likely to get the answer you need if you post
in one of the word.vba NGs.

"OHM ( Terry Burns )" wrote in message
OK, Now I have set up my templates in a directory to be shared by others.
This is fine at the moment because there are only a few but its a bit

messy
in large icons mode.

When I choose File | New | Templates On My Computer, you get the General

Tab
with the templates in it, which is OK, but it allways comes up in Large
icons Mode, I want it to come up in Details Mode by default.

How can I acheive this.

--
OHM ( Terry Burns ) * Use the following to email me *

Dim ch() As Char = "ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU".ToCharArray()
For i As Int32 = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) - 1)
Next
Process.Start("mailto:" & New String(ch))

Jezebel

Not easy through VBA. You can use VBA to display the FileNew dialog, but the
selection of icons/list/details is not one of the form's arguments. Nor can
you work-around with SendKeys: you can't get to those buttons by keyboard
alone, either -- those buttons aren't part of the dialog's tab order.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
File | New always defaults to Large Icons. It may be possible to change

this
via VBA, but it is not possible through the UI. Since this is going to be

VBA issue, you might be more likely to get the answer you need if you post
in one of the word.vba NGs.

so
all may benefit.

[...]

Jezebel

The folder display in Word's FileNew dialog is not affected by the Windows
setting for that folder. Perhaps there's some method you have in mind? On my
system the templates folder is set to display as list if viewed in Windows
Explorer, but Word's FileNew shows large icons none the less.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Not easy through VBA. You can use VBA to display the FileNew dialog, but
the
selection of icons/list/details is not one of the form's arguments. Nor
can
you work-around with SendKeys: you can't get to those buttons by

keyboard
alone, either -- those buttons aren't part of the dialog's tab order.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
File | New always defaults to Large Icons. It may be possible to change

this
via VBA, but it is not possible through the UI. Since this is going to

be
VBA issue, you might be more likely to get the answer you need if you
post
in one of the word.vba NGs.

newsgroup
so