Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ChrisB

Default Best way to format a list of action items with responsibilities?

For notes of meetings we typically list actions items (with automatic
numbering) and have a separate column to the left of the list of items to
indentify who is responsible to act on each item. We typically use a table
but you have to keep inserting new table rows for each item. I've also tried
placing a text box to the left of the list to list the responsible person but
it is hard to keep aligned with the numbered list. Need to be able to go
back and insert items after the list is started and have the "responsibility"
entry stay with it. Any suggestions or ready made templates for this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne Troy

Why do you have to keep inserting new table rows? A new table row is
created at the bottom of a table if you hit tab from the last cell of the
last row. If you are trying to sort, you can sort tables, too, you know?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com