Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Xi Shi

Default equation in the paragraph

When I insert a short equation or icon in the paragraph, how can i control
the align format of the inline equation and the text around it ? I want
them to align by center.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Put the equation object in a paragraph by itself and set paragraph
alignment to "Centered".

Alternatively, if you need a number after the equation, you could use
tab stops (one centered and one right-aligned).

More suggestions can be found in the following KB article:

WD2000: How to Insert a Right-Aligned Caption Next to an Equation

If you are using Word 2002/2003, you'll notice that some menu options
have moved (for example, InsertCaption is now
InsertReferenceCaption), but other than that the article still
applies in recent versions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Xi Shi" wrote in message
When I insert a short equation or icon in the paragraph, how can i

control
the align format of the inline equation and the text around it ? I

want
them to align by center.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

If you are saying that line spacing is messed up for paragraphs
containing equation objects as well as text, you can specify a fixed
amount of line spacing (in FormatParagraph, Indents and Spacing tab)
to eliminate the problem.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Xi Shi" wrote in message
When I insert a short equation or icon in the paragraph, how can i
control
the align format of the inline equation and the text around it ? I
want
them to align by center.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Xi Shi

"Xi Shi" wrote in message
When I insert a short equation or icon in the paragraph, how can i

control
the align format of the inline equation and the text around it ? I

want
them to align by center.

Thank you for your answering! But my "center" refers to align up and down in
center,you know my equaltion are mixing with the text in the same line. the
equation or the icon is higher than the text, word align them in the bottom,
but i want them to align in center.(not the left right center)
do i descript the question clearly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Xi Shi

But i do remmber that there's somewhere in Word can format the align format,
you know ,so many equation or icon objects in the document to adjust is
really a big job.

"Xi Shi" wrote in message
When I insert a short equation or icon in the paragraph, how can i
control
the align format of the inline equation and the text around it ? I
want
them to align by center.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Are you referring to the baseline alignment of equation objects? By
default, they should be "in the middle", with an equal amount above
and beyond the text line:

Big equation object
is positioned Text after the equation follows here.
here

If you have some languages installed (perhaps Asian languages?) it
could affect the baseline alignment. You'll probably find the option
in FormatParagraph (but I don't know, since I've never had to use
these features). If you can't see it, try Word Help to locate it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Xi Shi" wrote in message
When I insert a short equation or icon in the paragraph, how can

control
the align format of the inline equation and the text around it

? I
want
them to align by center.

Thank you for your answering! But my "center" refers to align up and

down in
center,you know my equaltion are mixing with the text in the same

line. the
equation or the icon is higher than the text, word align them in the

bottom,
but i want them to align in center.(not the left right center)
do i descript the question clearly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
David H.

I think what you might have needed to do was to change your paragraph
settings. For me to get an equation to show in the paragraph, say
paranthetically, was to set the following:

Spacing:
Befo Auto
After: 6pt - this is my preference

Line spacing: Single

This auto-adjusted the line with the equation so that it would show properly.

Hope this helps.

"Xi Shi" wrote in message
When I insert a short equation or icon in the paragraph, how can i
control
the align format of the inline equation and the text around it ? I
want
them to align by center.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Paragraph options can be set for all paragraphs in the selection, or for the
appropriate paragraph styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP