Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Libby

Default Cell sizing

I don't see my question so I'm sending again.

I need a Word table cell to be fixed. That is, I need to freeze the typing
in the cell. Example: I want the cell to only allow 4 spaces so if someone
types the word "today" the cell will freeze after "toda". Is there a way to
do this?
Thx.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I posted this reply to your original question:

If you have inserted a form field in the table cell, you can limit the
number of characters that can be entered. Alternatively, in an ordinary
table, if you set the row height and column width to an exact amount, you
can limit the physical area of the text that can be entered, though not the
exact number of characters.

news