Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rogerph

Default How do I print page numbers at outside margins induplex printing

I have a Word 2003 document that will be duplex printed. The client wants the
page numbers to appear at the outside margin in the footer of each page. Just
like in a printed book.

I have spent hours going through help files, MVP sites etc and nobody
mentions a thing about this subject. The client has text in the centre
position so that option is ruled out .

Is there a switch I can apply to the field code to turn the page number on
and off if the page number is odd or even? That would allow me to put two
page numbers on the page (one on the left margin, one on the right) and
display them according to their position in the book.

Any help appreciated

Roger
--
Without dreams we become empty shells