Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sudha

Default setting line length while converting word documinto html page

I want to convert word document into html page. I know I can do it with save
as html option but the thing is in the converted page I should have only 80
characters per line instead of adjusting the line length with the sceen size

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Putting the text in a fixed-width table cell would cause it not to
wrap, when the browser window is resized. Note that you have to
specify a fixed size for both the column and the entire table, for
this to work. Of course, a monospaced font is required (otherwise you
couldn't calculate the required width).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
This is possible only by inserting line breaks at the ends of lines

(and
they will still rewrap if the window is made too small to display 80
characters).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.