Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
GRL

Default Comments in the sides

Is it possible to insert comments (I mean a real comment, not related to a
specific modified word) in the sides of the text and how, if yes?
Thanks.
Giovanni

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Maxey

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Margin_Text.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

GRL wrote:
Is it possible to insert comments (I mean a real comment, not related
to a specific modified word) in the sides of the text and how, if yes?
Thanks.
Giovanni

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
GRL

Thank you. But when I try to use the macro, I get a fault while running the
macro on the statement:
.NextParagraphStyle = "Normal " '
The language I'm using is Italian, so I've tried the name of the style
"Normale", but the the fault still remains.
Can you help me?
Thanks again.
Giovanni

GRL wrote:
Is it possible to insert comments (I mean a real comment, not related
to a specific modified word) in the sides of the text and how, if yes?
Thanks.
Giovanni

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Maxey

Giovanni,

What type of error? If I spell "Normal" incorrectly. I get "item specified
does not exist." You might try changing "Normal" to some style name that
you know exists, or stet out the line altogther (add a ' in front of it) and
then go back and edit the style in the traditional way to set the following
paragraph style. Other than that, I don't know what else to offer.

--

GRL wrote:
Is it possible to insert comments (I mean a real comment, not
related to a specific modified word) in the sides of the text and
how, if yes? Thanks.
Giovanni

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
GRL

No, I get only "Run-time error 5834" and when I start the macro debugger it
highlights the statement.
Thank you for your help and sorry for my insistence.

GRL wrote:
Is it possible to insert comments (I mean a real comment, not
related to a specific modified word) in the sides of the text and
how, if yes? Thanks.
Giovanni

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

There is an unwanted quote mark at the end of that line. Start by removing
that, though I doubt that's the problem, unless it has been converted to
some other character during the copying process.

The language issue shouldn't create a problem, however use the macro
recorder to create a new macro.
While this is running, open the format style dialog/task pane. Select
whatever your PC shows for the normal paragraph style. Click modify and
without actually modifying anything OK out of the dialog. Stop the recorder.
You should get something like:

With ActiveDocument.Styles("Normal")
.AutomaticallyUpdate = False
.BaseStyle = ""
.NextParagraphStyle = "Normal"
End With

Copy the relevant parts of this macro into Greg's macro, replacing the
following section, whilst retaining the first line

With ActiveDocument.Styles(styleName)

GRL wrote:
Is it possible to insert comments (I mean a real comment, not
related to a specific modified word) in the sides of the text and
how, if yes? Thanks.
Giovanni

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
GRL