Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dawn

Default I do not see the "bookmark" option under "Insert"... why not?

I also cannot see these other "insert" options: Textbox, diagrams, Files,
Objects, Hyperlinks... ???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Do you have adaptive menus enabled? (Tools | Customize | Options)

"Dawn" wrote in message
I also cannot see these other "insert" options: Textbox, diagrams, Files,
Objects, Hyperlinks... ???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dawn

Susanne,

I disabled the adaptive menus... and reset te usage data... it now shows a
continuation arrow at the bottom of the screen with a lot of blank lines
inbetween. If I hold the mouse over the down arrow long enough (about 5
seconds), the rest of the options show up... I must have something
corrupted... but at least I now know where they are... all the Wor updates
are applied., so I know it's not hat. When I have some extra time, I can
reinstall Word and reapply the updates, etc.... at least now I know they are
there... thanks so much! -Dawn

"Dawn" wrote in message
I also cannot see these other "insert" options: Textbox, diagrams, Files,
Objects, Hyperlinks... ???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

No need to do that. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm for other options.
But you should not be seeing an arrow if you have disabled adaptive menus
(that is, if you have checked "Always show full menus" in Word 2002 or 2003
or cleared the check box for "Menus show recently used items first" in Word
2000).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have adaptive menus enabled? (Tools | Customize | Options)

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Dawn" wrote in message
I also cannot see these other "insert" options: Textbox, diagrams,

Files,
Objects, Hyperlinks... ???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dawn

Suzanne,

You are the angel of the year for me! At the suggestion of the article link
you provided, I rebuailt the registry, which fixed the registry problem I
have tolerated for a year. And, miraculously, it sped u the loading of Word
and Outlook astronomically. I have recently paid a computer expert close to
$500 to fix my slow Outlook.... to no avail... you are incredible! -Dawn

"Dawn" wrote in message
I also cannot see these other "insert" options: Textbox, diagrams,

Files,
Objects, Hyperlinks... ???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Tried to send you an email, but apparently is no
longer operative?

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org