Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Victoria @ WB

Default Pictures/Graphics and text alignment in cells

I'm sure I'm missing something basic here. To create spine inserts for
3-ring binders I use tables. (Word XP) I'll choose cell alignment of center
(horizontal) and center (verticle). When I go to add a graphic of our
company logo into the cell, the text moves to center (horizontal), top
(verticle). I've tried formatting the graphic as behind text, in front of
text, through text, and nothing seems to correct it.

What am I forgetting to do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VmljdG9yaWEgQCBXQg==?=,

I'm sure I'm missing something basic here. To create spine inserts for
3-ring binders I use tables. (Word XP) I'll choose cell alignment of center
(horizontal) and center (verticle). When I go to add a graphic of our
company logo into the cell, the text moves to center (horizontal), top
(verticle). I've tried formatting the graphic as behind text, in front of
text, through text, and nothing seems to correct it.

You're running into a "design problem" with Word. Word is working as it was
programmed to do, but what it's doing makes no sense to us end-users.

Whenever a graphic is anchored in a Word table (starting with Word 2002), the
text will wrap around the graphic. That's cool. But apparently it means that
the table cell can't also have any other vertical wrapping than "top".

You should be able to drag the anchor out of the table, to a paragraph on the
same page, then LOCK it there (Format/Picture (or
whatever)/Layout/Advanced/Position). Now it can't slip back into the table, and
you can align the text in the cells the way you want to.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)