Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JW

Default fax merge won't fax

I have been using this for over a year with no problems. Today it won't fax.
I set up the data base, open the letters, select recipients, then go to win
fax mail merge which usually scans them into win fax and the faxes go out.
Now it gives me run time error 2147417851, which it usually does after it
sends the letters to winfax. But now it never goes to win fax. Winfax is
working as I have to manually type in the fax# for each document and it faxes
out fine. What to do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

There's an article about this error message (except I think it's
probably -214747851) at the Symantec web site (the URL in my browser is too
long to post here, but you can go to

www.symantec.com

look for the support menu item, proceed till you get to search for articles,
then enter, e.g.

Word Mail Merge

The article I saw is titled

Error: "Automation Error -214747851", when doing a mail merge with Word 2002

and has Document ID 2001111415403104

There may be other articles on this subject there.

Best I can do as I don't have Winfax.

Peter Jamieson