Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gato

Default HELP!!! Mail Merge and Excel link

I need to merge a word document with date in an Excel Document, for each row
I need to Update values from the excel Document.
Is that possible, I have a list of incumbents and in a word document I have
the data presented with charts and tables, for each incumbent I need to save
a document with it´s data.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gato" wrote in message
news
I need to merge a word document with date in an Excel Document, for each
row
I need to Update values from the excel Document.
Is that possible, I have a list of incumbents and in a word document I
have
the data presented with charts and tables, for each incumbent I need to
save
a document with it´s data.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gato

Doug, Thanks for the answer,
What I need is a little more complex, because y need to update certain
values in excel and run a Macro for every record and then open the word
document update it and save it.
Thanks in advance

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gato" wrote in message
news
I need to merge a word document with date in an Excel Document, for each
row
I need to Update values from the excel Document.
Is that possible, I have a list of incumbents and in a word document I
have
the data presented with charts and tables, for each incumbent I need to
save
a document with it´s data.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

It sounds like mail merge may not be the thing to be using.

See the article "Control Word from Excel" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterD...WordFromXL.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gato" wrote in message
news
I need to merge a word document with date in an Excel Document, for each
row
I need to Update values from the excel Document.
Is that possible, I have a list of incumbents and in a word document I
have
the data presented with charts and tables, for each incumbent I need to
save
a document with it´s data.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gato

Thanks Doug,
I figured it out, I now have two issues, I open the word document but I need
to save it with the file name that is stored in a cell.
the other is that I need the word document to Update and then to Brake links.
Thank you Very Much for all your help.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news I need to merge a word document with date in an Excel Document, for each