Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mother of 2 brides in4 months

Default for wedding want no return address using mail merge

How can I get rid of the area for return address when I use the mail merge.
If i just try to delete it , it messes up all the alingment of the envelopes.
Not much time left .
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Create a template for your envelopes and simply don't put the return address
on it (there's a check box in the envelope dialog). If you want there are
some sample envelopes for download on my web site which you can use as a
starting point.

mother of 2 brides in4 months wrote:
How can I get rid of the area for return address when I use the mail
merge. If i just try to delete it , it messes up all the alingment of
the envelopes. Not much time left .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mother of 2 brides in4 months

Thank you for your reply, however I have no idea how to make a template. I
went to your web site, way way over my head. I need a 51/4 height and 71/4
width. And as I said no return address. Maybe you could guide to the
section of your website that shows me how to do this. If not, thank you
anyway.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Create a template for your envelopes and simply don't put the return address
on it (there's a check box in the envelope dialog). If you want there are
some sample envelopes for download on my web site which you can use as a
starting point.

mother of 2 brides in4 months wrote:
How can I get rid of the area for return address when I use the mail
merge. If i just try to delete it , it messes up all the alingment of
the envelopes. Not much time left .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

From the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the User Information tab
and delete the information from the Mailing address control. Then nothing
should appear in the return address area of your envelopes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Create a template for your envelopes and simply don't put the return
address
on it (there's a check box in the envelope dialog). If you want there are
some sample envelopes for download on my web site which you can use as a
starting point.

mother of 2 brides in4 months wrote:
How can I get rid of the area for return address when I use the mail
merge. If i just try to delete it , it messes up all the alingment of
the envelopes. Not much time left .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Doug has provided a shortcut, but to create a template for this project open
a new document, set the page size to 5" x 7" landscape (File Page Setup)
which most printers should provide as size option. Then format the cursor
position with the Envelope Address paragraph style. This will add a frame to
the page. Select and drag that frame to where you want the address to be
positioned bearing in mind your envelopes are 1/4" larger.

Right click the frame and format frame - set the height to auto.

Attach your address datafile from the merge toolbar (see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm ) and put your
address fields in the frame laid out as required. Set the merge type as form
letter (which it will be by default) and merge away.

Save the document for re-use for your next daughter