Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
neil0mac

Default document map font size changes as I change the width - why?

Klaus,

1. The link you give doesn't work.

2. Isn't there someone in the MPVs capable of writing a macro (or
something) that can be made avaliable to fix this bug?

I want to send a patent application to WIPO (international Patent org) but
what does that do to their Word programe? Louse it up also?

I'm not keen to install Open Office although I've had it here for about
three years, as it likes to do things behind the scenes that I'm not
comfortable with.

But I'm not keen on Word 2002 - or it's earlier '97 versioni - It also gave
me no end of grief with my documents.

Neil.

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

Hi Vicky,

It's a bug that has appeared in Word2000/2002 for some users, too.
I thought it was finally fixed :-(

As far as I heard, switching to Outline view and back should fix it... for
the moment.

I don't think a repair installation or deleting the Data key in the
registry fixes it (at least that's what I remember hearing), but if the
problem keeps annoying you, you might give it a try:
See "Detect and Repair" in Word's help menu, and
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/MissngMenusEtc.htm

Regards,
Klaus

"Vicki K" wrote:
I use the document map in Word 2003. Something has caused the font of

the
document map to decrease as I decrease the width of the document map and
increase as I increase the width. Normally the font stays the same and

if
the text is too wide, you just can't see all of it. Now the text gets so
small it isn't readable - as if the text is becoming proportionally

smaller.
The document map has to be about 3/4 of my screen for it to be readable

at
all.

Any ideas what I did to cause this?