Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yoddi Hai

Default How do I switch numbeing style in the middle of a document

I'd like to start a dument with roman stle numbering (I,II,III,) then switch
to normal (1,2,3,) and then have no numbers at all. HOw Do I do it
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ewan7279

Hi Yoddi,

Highlight the first block of text, then select Format = Bullets and
Numbering and select the roman numeral option by clicking on the example pane.

At the beginning of the section of text you want as 1,2,3 etc, follow Format
= Bullets and Numbering and select the option you require (if you want to
start counting from 1 again, check the 'restart numbering' box).

At the beginning of the section of text you want no numbering, follow Format
= Bullets and Numbering and select the 'None' option.

Ewan

"Yoddi Hai" wrote:

I'd like to start a dument with roman stle numbering (I,II,III,) then switch
to normal (1,2,3,) and then have no numbers at all. HOw Do I do it

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc

yoddi,
If you are talking about page numbering here's what you do.
You will need three separate sections 10 your document. Insert - Break -
Section break.
Put the cursor in section one, go to View - header and footer, click on the
format number button, choose roman style numbering. Click on the insert
pagenumber button.
Click on the next section button, click on same as previous button to unlink
with the first section, click on the format number button and choose normal
numbering 1, 2, 3... Click on the next section button, click on same as
previous button to unlink with the second section, remove the numbering
field by clicking on it and pressing delete.

Luc Sanders (Mvp - PowerPoint)
"Yoddi Hai" Yoddi schreef in bericht
I'd like to start a dument with roman stle numbering (I,II,III,) then
switch
to normal (1,2,3,) and then have no numbers at all. HOw Do I do it

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc

Yoddi,
This time without the typos.
If you are talking about page numbering here's what you do.
You will need three separate sections in your document. Use Insert - Break -
Section break in the appropriate places.

Put the cursor in section one, go to View - header and footer, click on the
format number button, choose roman style numbering. Click on the insert
pagenumber button.

Click on the next section button, click on same as previous button to unlink
with the first section, click on the format number button and choose normal
numbering 1, 2, 3... Click on the next section button, click on same as
previous button to unlink with the second section, remove the numbering
field by clicking on it and pressing delete.

"Yoddi Hai" Yoddi schreef in bericht
I'd like to start a dument with roman stle numbering (I,II,III,) then
switch
to normal (1,2,3,) and then have no numbers at all. HOw Do I do it

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

If you are referring to page numbering, see:

How to set up a document with front matter numbered separately
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...rontMatter.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP