Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heide

Default AutoText Question

In Word 2003 it appears (at least for me) that the autotext feature in the
footer for file path and name does not automatically update if you move the
document to another location. Is there a way to automate this feature as
before in the older versions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

It never has automatically updated. Chances are that a print or print
preview updated the field when you saw it update before. Take a look at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/File_Name_And_Path.htm for ways to force an update
more frequently.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Heide" wrote in message
In Word 2003 it appears (at least for me) that the autotext feature in the
footer for file path and name does not automatically update if you move
the
document to another location. Is there a way to automate this feature as
before in the older versions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

If you click on F9 it should update for you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Heide" wrote:

In Word 2003 it appears (at least for me) that the autotext feature in the
footer for file path and name does not automatically update if you move the
document to another location. Is there a way to automate this feature as
before in the older versions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Except you first have to get into the footer. Ctrl-A and F9 won't update it.
Print Preview will.