Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gladius

Default how can i install MS Word in my home PC - Windows XP - for free

hi,
how can i install microsoft office in my home PC, Windows XP for free, bcoz
i can able to store in .rtf format but i want to store files in .doc format.
will you please tell me if i could install one on my PC for free.So will you
provide me with address where i can find it for download.
thanks
Gladius
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word is never free. The most economical way to get it (Word 2002) is as part
of Works Suite. See
http://www.microsoft.com/products/wo...s.aspx?pid=001

"Gladius" wrote in message
hi,
how can i install microsoft office in my home PC, Windows XP for free,

bcoz
i can able to store in .rtf format but i want to store files in .doc

format.
will you please tell me if i could install one on my PC for free.So will

you
provide me with address where i can find it for download.
thanks
Gladius

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Look into Open Office. I have heard that it contains a decent word processor
and can store files in .doc form.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Gladius" wrote in message
hi,
how can i install microsoft office in my home PC, Windows XP for free,
bcoz
i can able to store in .rtf format but i want to store files in .doc
format.
will you please tell me if i could install one on my PC for free.So will
you
provide me with address where i can find it for download.
thanks
Gladius

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

I can verify the OpenOffice will do exactly as Charles Kenyon says:
http://www.openoffice.org/

"Gladius" wrote in message
hi,
how can i install microsoft office in my home PC, Windows XP for free,
bcoz
i can able to store in .rtf format but i want to store files in .doc
format.
will you please tell me if i could install one on my PC for free.So will
you
provide me with address where i can find it for download.
thanks
Gladius

window title file name gbp Microsoft Word Help 12 December 25th 05 06:48 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I get all my Word documents within one Word window RobJacobs Microsoft Word Help 5 April 12th 05 03:04 AM