Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mike55999

Default Locked Word document

Just wondering if there is a way to restricted all access to a word document
except for viewing and printing. I know of the read only and password
protecting features but what i want is to take away the user's right to
copy/paste text from my document and to not be able to rename my document to
obtain access. Is there a way to do this? I know I can most likely transfer
this doc into a .pdf to accomplish some of these issues. Please let me know.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Martin

How about trying Information Rights Managment (IRM) check out the hyperlink:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...ogies/irm.mspx

Hope this helps

Martin

"mike55999" wrote:

Just wondering if there is a way to restricted all access to a word document
except for viewing and printing. I know of the read only and password
protecting features but what i want is to take away the user's right to
copy/paste text from my document and to not be able to rename my document to
obtain access. Is there a way to do this? I know I can most likely transfer
this doc into a .pdf to accomplish some of these issues. Please let me know.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Not really. It is possible to copy/paste from PDF too. If you
have Office 2003, you can read about using Information Rights
Management to deter the casual copier. Someone who is determined
to reuse your material can print your file, use optical character
recognition software (included with most scanners) to scan the
printed copy back into editable text, and modify it at will.

mike55999 wrote:

Just wondering if there is a way to restricted all access to a word document
except for viewing and printing. I know of the read only and password
protecting features but what i want is to take away the user's right to
copy/paste text from my document and to not be able to rename my document to
obtain access. Is there a way to do this? I know I can most likely transfer
this doc into a .pdf to accomplish some of these issues. Please let me know.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

There is no way to do this. Anything that someone can see, they can copy,
edit, whatever. All you can do is make it more difficult. A simple way to
make it more difficult in Word is to protect the document for forms. This
will stop most people, but not those with malicious or fraudulent intent.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How do I set right and left alignment on the same line in Word? Matador Page Layout 1 November 9th 05 08:32 PM