Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
michelle

Default Losing every other record merging word doc. with excel

I am losing half of the records in excel when a merge into a tabel in word .
Someone else posted the same problem and it was suggested to remove the "next
record" field. I did and it printed 2, 3 and 4 of the same name. Any other
suggestions? Thank you!
--
Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

What type of merge are you doing?

If a formletter or catalog, which in Word XP and later is called
"directory", then you do not need a Next Record field ANYWHERE in the
main document.

If a label, then you need a next record field BEFORE the first merge field
in all of the labels EXCEPT before the first label on the sheet..

You say that it prints 2, 3 and 4 of the same record. That does not make
sense. Assuming that each record is unique in the data source it would only
print one variant not 3 variants.

Post back with information on how you have the main document set up.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

.
Someone else posted the same problem and it was suggested to remove the
"next
record" field. I did and it printed 2, 3 and 4 of the same name. Any
other
suggestions? Thank you!
--
Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
michelle

I am merging into a table that I drew in word. I took the Next Record
out in the second field of each record and that worked.

Thank you!
--
Michelle

"michelle" wrote in message
I am losing half of the records in excel when a merge into a tabel in word
.
Someone else posted the same problem and it was suggested to remove the
"next
record" field. I did and it printed 2, 3 and 4 of the same name. Any
other
suggestions? Thank you!
--
Michelle

Losing every other record merging Word doc with Excel Data FlorencePS Mailmerge 2 March 14th 06 02:11 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Excel worksheet in Word linked text boxes Eduardo Oliveira Page Layout 0 January 5th 05 11:23 PM